Frequently Asked Questions
Good Counsel (GC) is an online styling service that delivers a truly personalized shopping experience. Fill out your Style Profile and a Personal Stylist will handpick pieces and mail them right to your door. Each delivery contains a curated selection of clothing and accessories for you to try on at home. Simply keep the items you love and send back the rest in the box that your shipment arrived in, using the prepaid return label provided. Shipping and returns are always free - even for exchanges!
1. Complete Your Style Profile. First, you’ll need to complete a Style Profile. This information will help your Stylist understand the sizes and styles you’re looking for. You’ll also tell us how often you want to receive a delivery: every month, every 3 months or on demand. Completing a profile takes about 3-5 minutes.
2. Stylist Will Select Items. At the time your Stylist selects your items, you’ll be charged a $30 styling fee. Your $30 fee will be applied as a credit toward any items you decide to keep. You’ll see it displayed on your invoice as a subtracted amount.
3. We Deliver it to Your Door. When you sign up, you’ll receive a tracking number within 7 business days. When you receive your box, we encourage you to try on everything, especially since you never know what will look good or what you might like. Pair items from your shipment with clothing and accessories you already own to discover what looks good together before you decide to buy them.
4. Buy what you like and return the rest. Take up to four business days to decide what you want to buy and what to send back. You’ll only be charged for the items you choose to keep.
We will then charge you for any items you’ve decided to keep. Your $30 styling fee will be applied as a credit toward any items you decide to keep.
Easily return the items you don't want with the prepaid return label provided. Enjoy free shipping both ways as a benefit of using our service.
Be sure to give us feedback on the items you received. Telling us what you liked, didn’t like and why will help your Stylist know what to send in your next delivery.
Good Counsel makes shopping not just convenient, but effortless. Like other online retailers, Good Counsel saves you a trip to the store by shipping items directly to you. Our Personal Stylists also save you the time and trouble of selecting clothing and accessories. Many of our clients enjoy the ease and convenience of automatically scheduled shipments that arrive at a frequency of your choosing.
Returns are easy. Just place the items you’re returning back in the box and use the prepaid return label. Shipping is always free!
Generally, our items range from $20-150 each (not including outerwear).
We offer a wide range of men’s sizing: Tops: M – 10XL, Bottoms: 34 – 68”, Shoes: 12 – 18.
We currently ship to all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We do not ship to Puerto Rico (yet) or to PO Boxes.
Each Style Box includes 4-5 items. Everything is hand-picked just for you based on your style preferences.
A prepaid return label is included for free & easy returns.
We offer an assortment of styles, trends and everyday pieces.
We carry pants, tops, sweaters, jackets, coats and scarves for any season. Numerous colors, patterns or washes are available.
Need something specific? Email your stylist to make a request!
At the time your Stylist selects your items, you’ll be charged a $30 styling fee. Unlike traditional stylists who charge hundreds per hour, our service is only $30 per GC delivery. You’ll get 4-5 items with every order. Your $30 fee will be applied as a credit toward any items you decide to keep.
No, you’re never locked into a contract of any kind. You can setup automatic deliveries at the frequency you choose: monthly or every 3 months. If you prefer to not have it automated, our on demand option allows you to contact us each time you’re ready to receive a box. Simply email your stylist when you’re ready. You can cancel anytime by emailing your stylist here.
Because we constantly validate sizing, we may choose to ship you a different size than what you have included in your Style Profile. Don’t worry about the size on the tag; we're just making sure we're sending you items that will fit you best.
You can contact your Stylist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend giving your Stylist an idea of what types of pieces you’re looking for so that they can choose new items you’ll love.
For each scheduled delivery, a $30 styling fee will be charged right before your Stylist begins styling for you. Your $30 fee will be applied as a credit toward any items you decide to keep. You’ll see it displayed on your invoice as a subtracted amount. See Returns for more on the checkout period.
No, your styling fee can only be applied to a purchase in your current delivery. If you do not keep any items, the styling fee does not roll over to the next box. However, if you do keep items from your delivery and the total cost of the items falls below $30, any remaining credit will be rolled over to the next box.
• If member requests, 1st and 2nd boxes need to be PREPAID
• For 3rd boxes and on, No PREPAID required
• No Signature required for any sneakers.
• Always PREPAID.
• Always Signature Required.
• 1st and 2nd boxes need to be PREPAID.
• For 3rd boxes and on, NO PREPAID required.
• Always Signature Required.
Delivery options are: every month, every three months or on demand. For information about how payment works for automatic deliveries, see our Billing FAQ.
No. Our on demand option means you will not receive an automatic delivery. It allows you to contact us every time you’re ready to receive your next delivery. We want you to choose the solution that works best with your schedule and lifestyle.
If you’d like to make any changes to the frequency of your shipments, please email your stylist at email@example.com.
Need to return or exchange? Check out online–it helps make your next Style Box even better!
1. Sign to your Good Counsel account.
2. Go to the “Orders History” section of your online profile.
3. Click on “View or Manage” for the order you’re returning.
4. Select “Return or Exchange” on the item(s) to return and provide the return reason.
Please make sure any returned item is unworn and in saleable condition, with all original packaging and tags. This includes any branded packaging for socks. You are allowed to try items on before returning them (other than underwear and socks).
5. Use the label included with your delivery to return your items. If your item came with a packing slip please include this with your return. No return bag or label? Contact us for a prepaid, printable label.
6. Drop off your return at a FedEx service counter, free of charge.
You'll have 4 business days after your GC Delivery is received to try on your items and decide what you’d like to keep. You will receive an email with instructions on how to check out and then drop any items that you wish to return into the box your order came in and send them back to us. If you don't check out we’ll assume you loved everything and your saved payment method will be charged.
If you’re unable to return your items within 4 business days, you can extend for a few more days by emailing your stylist at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting an extension.